The wave of globalization has propelled the expansion of Indian pharma sector. India is amongst the top 10 countries of the world, in terms of volume and value of Pharmaceutical products. Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial efforts have turned Gujarat into the hub of Pharma industry. The innovative and translational approach of the Indian scientists resulted in paradigm shift from industrial age to knowledge enriched economy. Pharmaceutical education has played a vital role in human resource development, catalysing the growth of life sciences and healthcare industry.
Online applications are invited from eligible and suitable Indian Nationals for BioNEST supported Biopharma incubation center at NIPER Ahmedabad for the post of Technical Manager purely on contractual basis.
Technical Manager (Incubation)
Salary : Rs. 50,000/- per month fixed
(a) Essential : MSc/ME/MS/M Pharm/B Tech with at least 3 years of relevant experience.
(b) Desirable i) Previous experience in IP/Regulatory Affairs related to Pharma and Medical Devices/ Tech transfer/ Managing laboratory/ handling instrument/ general administration.
ii) Should have strong interest and passion for nurturing technology innovation/ entrepreneurship, basic training in sciences/ engineering; ability to quickly grasp inventions/ technology and assess them. For bio-incubation activities, academic training in Life sciences, bioengineering, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, medicine, and related disciplines is preferred. Further work experiences and/or qualifications in business management/ IP management/ project management/ law and agreements / tech transfer/ incubation would be a plus. Excellent communication skills; Experience in scientific writing/ proposal writing etc. would be a plus. Any experience mentoring students/ interns/ junior colleagues etc. would also be a plus.
iii) Will be expected to be a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision and efficiently deliver project goals.
iv) The incumbent should possess good communication skills and possess good drafting and noting skills. Should be conversant with official procedures and capable of writing grant proposal.
Age limit : The candidate must not exceed 40 years on the last date of application. Age may be relaxed for experienced and well qualified candidates.
Act as an administrative person for the BioNEST program of NIPER-A. The position will directly report to CEO, BioNEST, NIPER-A. Contribute to planning and setting up of the lab and office space as part of the BioNEST program at NIPER-A. Contribute to building scientific support systems and resources for NIPER-A incubates including specific expertise and library. Participate in specification, purchase and installation of instruments/equipment. Contribute to management and operation of lab in coordination with NIPER-A Management. Contribute to conceptualization and execution of technical workshops. Assist in planning and organizing events of use to entrepreneurs, start-ups, budding entrepreneurs etc. Be an approachable person to connect with entrepreneurs and innovators, understand their needs, match them to various resource persons/ facilities etc. Helping entrepreneurs relating to proposals/ pitches/ business plans and fund raising. Create a pipeline of potential and signed-up incubatees for the Bio- incubator. Any other activities necessary to support and strengthen the bio-pharma incubation mentoring activities. Other tasks assigned by CEO on time to time basis.
Selection Process : Through Interview and Personal Interaction by a duly constituted Selection Committee. In case of high number of applicants a written test may also be conducted.
1. Salary: Consolidated salary as mentioned against post. This appointment is purely contractual and temporary in nature for a period of eleven months only and same is renewable depending upon the performance and sole discretion of the management. The candidate will have no right to claim for regularization of the post.
2. The applicant must submit online application.
3. The maximum age limit and eligibility conditions shall be counted as on date of advertisement. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. The Institute reserves the right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview.
4. Applicants have to pay non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500. Persons from the SC, ST, PWD, Ex-Servicemen categories are not required to pay application fee. Submitting the application form and paying fee should be done only through the online process; please visit Institute’s website (niperahm.ac.in) for the same. After submission of application and payment of fee, a PDF will be generated of the completed form.
5. Institute reserves the right to withdraw advertised post(s) at any time without assigning any reason. Institute also reserves the right to fill or not to fill any post(s) and its decision in this regard shall be final.
6. The competent authority may relax experience and age for exceptionally meritorious candidates.
7. The Institute reserves the right to:
(a) Withdraw the advertisement either partly or wholly at any time without assigning any reason to this effect.
(b) Fill or not to fill up some or all the posts advertised for any reasons whatsoever
(c) Increase/decrease the number of posts without giving any reason.
(d) Any edition/deletion and changes in matter of terms and conditions given in this notification of recruitment.
(e) Hold Written Test, Skill/Trade Test, Presentation and/or Interview for selection, whenever circumstances so warrant;
8. The process of selection may include presentation / seminar / test / interview as to be decided by the Selection Committee.
9. In case a candidate wishes to apply for more than one post or for more than one discipline, he /she shall have to apply separately.
10. The applicants serving in Government / Semi-Government / Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous organizations must send their application on the prescribed format along with relevant documents ‘Through proper channel’. However to save the time, candidate may sent an advance copy and bring the NOC at the time of interview/test.
11. Incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures to be uploaded on website will be out-rightly rejected.
12. Candidates shall have to produce original testimonials at the time of interview, failing which they will not be allowed to appear in interview.
13. The names, addresses and occupations of three referees must be given in the application form and they should be familiar with your recent work and at least one of them should be your superior.
14. Request for change of mailing address or e-mail address during the process of recruitment will not be entertained under any circumstances.
15. If a candidate is not found suitable for the post for which he/she has applied, his/her candidature may be considered by the competent authority for a lower position.
16. All appointments are purely contractual and temporary in nature and same is renewable depending upon the performance and sole discretion of the institution. The candidate will have no right to claim for his/her regularization of the post.
17. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
18. Director has the discretion to relax eligibility for exceptional candidates.
19. Candidates of only Indian nationality can apply for these posts.
20. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
21. Guidelines and relating to recruitment rules as per NIPER Act, 1998 and as amended from time to time shall be followed.
22. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF CANDIDATURE.
Last date of online application is 17/03/2021, up to 6.00 PM.