Jamia Millia Islamia, an institution originally established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India in 1920 became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. In Urdu language, Jamia means ‘University’, and Millia means ‘National’. The story of its growth from a small institution in the pre-independence India to a central university located in New Delhi offering integrated education from nursery to research in specialized areas is a saga of dedication, conviction and vision of a people who worked against all odds and saw it growing step by step.
Applications from the eligible candidates are invited for the post of Project Assistant under ECR/SERB Research Project entitled “Investigation of anion – π interaction in beautifully simple, yet much effective meso-subustituted two and /or four walled functionalized calixPyrroles [C4PS]”. The tenure for this post will be till February 28, 2021 from the day of selection by expert selection committee.
Qualification : M.Sc. (Chemistry) with minimum 55% marks.
Desirable : NET/JRF qualified candidates will be given preference.
Fellowship Amount : Rs. 20,000/- p.m. plus HRA
Duration of research project : Approx. Five months
1. Appointment is purely temporary) and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment in Funding Agency or in JM1.
3. Appointment of the applicant particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
5. No TA/DA will be paid to candidates appearing for the interview.
6. Candidates should appear for the interview with their original certificates. No separate letter will be issued for the interview.
7. Selected candidate has to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
8. No interim enquiries /correspondence/ communication of any sort will be entertained.
How to Apply:
Application on plain paper along with C’V and attested copies of the relevant documents must be submitted to Dr. Rashid AM (Principal Investigator) by post/email/personally on or before 15.09.2020. The envelope containing application should be super scribed as “Application for Project Assistant’’.
Address for Correspondence: Dr. Rashid
Assistant Professor/Principal Investigator Department of Chemistry’
Faculty of Natural Sciences Jamia Millia Islamia (Central University)
Jamia Nagar, New Delhi- 110 025.