The ICMR-National Institute of Research in Tribal Health (NIRTH), formerly known as the Regional Medical Research Centre for Tribals (RMRCT) saw the light of the day in three rooms at the adjoining Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College, Jabalpur in 1984. The RMRCT was shifted to the main building spanning a 36 acre lush-green campus in April 2002 and re-designated to its present name (NIRTH) in 2014. ICMR-NIRTH since then has grown to accommodate established laboratories on viral diagnosis, molecular genetics, molecular parasitology, genomic epidemiology, microbiology, clinical epidemiology, and in vitro research facilities associated with a modern central animal facility.
The Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt, of India is in the process of establishment of Model Rural Health Research Units (MRHRUs) in the States to develop/strength the health research infrastructure in the country and to bring modern technologies and research, to be used in the rural settings for providing better health care to the population.
Sr. Research Scientist Grade 11 (Non-Medical)
No of Post : 01 UR
Essential qualification : First class Master’s degree in any branch of biological science subjects from a recognized university with 4 years R&D / Teaching experience in the relevant subject after 1st class Master’s degree. Or Second class M.Sc.+Ph.D degree in any biological science subject from a recognized university with 4 years R&D/teaching experience in the relevant subject after M.Sc.+Ph.D. Note:- Ph.D in the relevant subject shall be treated equivalent to three years experience.
Desirable qualifications : Doctorate Degree in Life Science from recognized University. Additional Post-doctoral research /teaching experience in relevant subjects in recognized Institutes. Knowledge of computer and data management. Two year R&D/ Teaching experience in relevant subject after obtaining essential qualification. Knowledge of Biosafety and research ethics Candidates with experience/ inclination of working in rural tribal area will be given preference.
Age : Not exceeding 40 years.
Monthly Salary : Rs. 70.000/- (Consolidated)
Work Responsibility : To conduct research on human diseases, establish and monitor laboratory activities, collaboration with the state health authorities and medical colleges, conducting various pathological, microbiological and biochemical analysis on biological samples and generate reports. Plan and execute research relevant to health problems of the region and present reports.
Project Assistant (Multi purpose)
No of Post : 01 UR
Essential qualification : Graduate in any discipline with 5 years experience of administration;’ finance and accounts work.
Desirable qualifications : Diploma in Office management and PGDCA from recognized university and knowledge of Hindi and English typing in computer is preferred. Candidates with experience/ inclination of working in rural tribal area will be given preference.
Age : Not exceeding 30 years.
Monthly Salary : Rs. 26,000/- (Consolidated)
Work Responsibility : To assist in the office administration, record keeping and other office related work. To assist research staff in the field/office.
Project Technical Assistant (Statistician)
No of Post : 01 UR
Essential qualification : Graduate in Statistics / Biostatistics from recognized University with three years work experience from a recognized Institution OR Master’s degree in the Statistics/ Biostatistics from recognized University.
Desirable qualifications : Postgraduate degree in the statistics/ biostatistics. Candidates with experience and with knowledge of Computer applications or data management will be preferred. Candidates with experience/inclination of working in rural/ tribal area will be given preference.
Age : Not exceeding 30 years.
Monthly Salary : Rs. 31,000/- (Consolidated)
Work Responsibility : To assist investigators in designing and implementation of various activities (data quality checks, scheduled preparation & testing, data analyses etc.). He/she will also assist in training of field staff and shall be involved in data management, record keeping etc.
Project Technical Assistant (Research)
No of Post : 01 OBC
Essential qualification : Graduate in Life sciences from a recognized university with three years work experience from a recognized institution. OR Master’s degree in the relevant subject
Desirable qualifications : Experience of research / field activities in recognized organization. Knowledge of Computer Applications Knowledge of Biosafety- Candidates with experience of working in rural / tribal areas will be given preference.
Age : Not exceeding 30 years. Relaxable up to three years for OBC as per DOPTGOI rules
Monthly Salary : Rs. 25,000/- (Consolidated)
Work Responsibility : To carry out and supervise all the laboratory work. To monitor/supervise all the research activities and keep records of the inventories of laboratory’ requirements etc. To conduct preliminary analysis of data under the supervision of the investigators.
Terms & Conditions
1. Qualification & experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from an Institution of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essentjal qualification.
2. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
3. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organization are not eligible.
4. Candidates who will be interviewed online, if they are selected will have to produce original documents of their qualification age and experience before joining. If they are not found entitled, their selection will be cancelled immediately.
5. Candidates are advised to keep looking at the website of this Institute for any change, result or any other information.
6. Departmental candidates or candidates working/have worked on project of ICMR Institutes/ Centre’s shall be given age relaxation to minimum of five years or a completed months/year based on earlier project services, whichever is less, they meet the essential qualification and experience prescribed for the post, with a view to provide them opportunity to compare with other candidates.
7. If the candidates of reserved category are not available, appointment will be made from the candidates of other categories as per the recommendations of the selection committee and future vacancy filled from the candidates of relevant categories.
8. Age relaxation against post earmarked for reserved candidates will be as per Govt, of India Norms. No relaxation will be allowed in unreserved posts.
9. Age will be reckoned from last date of receipt of application i.e. 01/12/2020
10. Above post is contractual for the duration offered may or may not be renewed subject to satisfactory performance and requirement.
11. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
12. Stipend/consolidated emoluments of the project positions may vary from time to time
13. No TA DA will be paid and candidate has to arrange transport/accommodation themselves for discussion meeting.
14. The Director, 1CMR-NIRTH. Jabalpur reserves rights to consider or reject any application/candidature.
15. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
16. Appointment on project consultant mode is purely temporary and candidates shall have no claim for regular appointment either in ICMR-NIRTH. Jabalpur or ICMR or any organization of Govt, of India.
17. Leave shall be as per the Institutional policy for project consultant staff.
18. The number of vacancies may vary’ according to requirement at later stage.
19. Please give the details of two responsible person of your locality or two references to whom you are know.
20. No accommodation can be provided for the shortlisted candidate.
Interested candidates possessing the required qualification and experience may download application from and send it along with detailed CV and all relevant documents via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 01/12/2020 (17:30 hours).
Late/delayed/incomplete applications will be summarily rejected without any intimation. After scrutiny, shortlisted candidates will only be called for interview’, through video conferencing. ICMR-NIRTH, Jabalpur reserves the right to cancel/modify the recruitment process at any time, during thenpecess, at its discretion. The decision of the Director of this Institute will be final and binding. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.