National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Hyderabad is an “Institute of National Importance” with proclaimed objectives of becoming Centre of Excellence for advanced research in pharmaceutical sciences. NIPER-Mohali was the first institute established in the year 1998 under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, the Govt. of India. Later, the DOP established 6 new NIPERs across the country including NIPER-Hyderabad which started functioning from 19th October 2007, from the premises of erstwhile R&D Centre of IDPL, Balanagar, Hyderabad.
Post : Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
Applications are invited from eligible Indian nationals for the post of one Junior Research Fellow under a project entitled “Reprofiling of molecules for inhibition of aggregation of α-synuclein in vitro and in cell model of Parkinson’s disease” sponsored by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), GoI, New Delhi [GP-435] under Dr. Ipsita Roy, Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, NIPER, SAS Nagar. The position is purely temporary, initially for one year, which is extendable based on the performance of the candidate and is strictly co-terminus with the duration of the project.
Essential qualifications :M.Sc./M.S. (Pharm.) / M.Pharm. in Biochemistry / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Life Sciences. Documented research experience in protein analysis and characterization tools is desirable. Minimum CGPA of 6.75 (or 60% marks) for General category, 6.25 (or 55% marks) for SC/ST, 5.75 (or 50% marks) for physically handicapped (PH) candidates on a 10 point scale is required in the qualifying examination.
Age Limit : 28 years (age relaxation for SC/ST/PH is as per GoI rules. The candidates are required to attach valid proof for claiming relaxation as per the guidelines prescribed by the Government of India from time to time).
Salary : Rs. 31,000/- p.m. (+HRA, if applicable)
1. The application form can be downloaded from the Institute’s website.
2. The candidate(s) who fulfil the eligibility criteria should bring the application on the prescribed application form along with attested copies of testimonials / degrees / certificates, etc. in support of qualification, experience and other columns in the application form along with the latest passport size photograph and prescribed fee, as mentioned below, in the form of a demand draft in favour of Director, NIPER S.A.S. Nagar, payable at S.A.S. Nagar/Chandigarh.
i. Application fee for unreserved and OBC category: Rs.100/-
ii. Application fee for SC/ST/PWD/female candidates: NIL
3. Candidates shall have to produce original testimonials at the time of interview, failing which the interview will not be allowed. The original certificates / degree etc of the candidate(s) are subject to verification before joining, in case of selection.
4. Candidates with incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures (i.e. self attested copies of degree / certificates / marks sheets / experience certificate / reprints of relevant publications/thesis or project report, without photographs, signature and prescribed fee) will not be interviewed.
5. In exceptionally meritorious cases or under special circumstances, the eligibility requirements of age, educational qualification and experience for the post may be relaxed by the competent authority.
6. The process of selection may include presentation / seminar / written test/ interview or any other process as decided by the competent authority.
7. The Institute reserves the right to withdraw the advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. The Institute also reserves the right to fill or not to fill post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
8. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Walk-in-Interviews.
9. Confirmation for attending the walk-in-interviews can be dropped at email@example.com by 18th March, 2021 (Thursday).
10. CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF CANDIDATURE.
11. Keeping in view the COVID-19 pandemic the candidates are requested to maintain social distancing and wearing of mask is compulsory.
Walk-in interview will be held on 22nd March, 2021 (Monday) from 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm in Room No. F-108, Department of Biotechnology, NIPER S.A.S. Nagar. The candidates are advised to report at the venue by 2.30 pm.