The Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC) was set up by Govt. of Odisha as a statutory body in the year 1994 for carrying out direct recruitment against Group-C posts in the State cadre (as against District cadre) as may be scheduled in the OSSC Rules, 1993. There are some 85 different cadres of posts/ services under various departments of Government to which recruitment is made through this Commission.
Post : Pharmacist
No of Posts : 18 [SC – 05(W-1), ST – 12(W-5), UR-01 (W-01)]
Remarks : Only in case of non availability of UR (W) candidates, UR(M) candidates will be considered for selection.
Educational Qualification : +2 Science with Diploma in Pharmacy /Bachelor in Pharmacy from AICTE approved institutions & have registered under Pharmacy Council of Odisha.
Remuneration & Condition of Service:- The appointment for the post of Staff Nurse, Pharmacist, ANM & X-Ray Technician will be initially on contractual basis carrying a consolidated pay of Rs. 10000/-, Rs. 9500/-, 9000/- & 9500/-per month (for 1st year) respectively as per Odisha Group-“C” & Group-“D” Posts (Contractual Appointment) Amendment Rules, 2017 notified vide Government in GA & PG Department Notification No.GAD-SC-RULES-0037 -2017 – 19574 / Gen.dtd.12th September, 2017. The appointment for the post of ECG Technician will be initially on contractual basis carrying a consolidated pay of Rs. 16880/- per month (for 1st year) as per Odisha Group-“B” Posts (Contractual Appointment) Amendment Rules, 2017 notified vide Government in GA & PG Department Notification No.GAD-SC-RULES-0037 -2017 – 19569 / Gen. dtd. 12th September, 2017.The conditions of service for the post of ECG Technician shall be governed by Odisha Group-B Posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 published vide Notification No. GAD- SC-RULES-0061-2013. 1147/Gen dtd.17th January,2014 and the conditions of service for rest of the posts shall be governed by Group C &Group D Posts(Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 published vide Notification No. GAD-SC-RULES-0009-2013.32010/Gen dtd.12th Nov. 2013 along with other relevant Rules regulating the services etc
The prescribed age limit for the post of ANM is from 18 years to 32 years as on 1.1.2019 and age limit for other posts (Staff Nurse, Pharmacist, X-Ray Technician & ECG Technician) is from 21 years to 32 years as on 1.1.2019. However the upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SEBC, SC, ST & all Women candidates, 10 years for candidates belonging to PwD category & the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-servicemen. PwD candidates in the ST & SC category shall be entitled to cumulative age relaxation of ten years over & above the normal relaxation specified for the category. However, a candidate can only avail one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible for the post of Staff Nurse, Pharmacist, X-Ray Technician & ECG Technician candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1987 and not later than 1st January 1998, where as for the post of ANM the candidate must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1982 and not later than 1st January 2001. The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to retire/ discharge from the forces as on the date of the submission of online application are not eligible to apply as Ex-serviceman. Ex- Servicemen who are going to retire within six months from the closing date of online application may apply for the post by obtaining relevant no due certificate from the appropriate authority mentioning therein the date of appointment, date of retirement and years of service rendered in Defence Forces. However, such candidates have to submit the discharge certificate on the date of certificate verification for considering their claims under Ex-Serviceman category.
Border Security Force, Indian Coast Guard, CRPF and other Para Military Forces are not within ththe definition of Ex-Servicemen. There is no vacancy under Ex-serviceman category. Only age relaxation is applicable for them.
The upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Govt, or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt, offices or the State Govt, of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service prior to commencement of “Odisha Group-C & Group-D posts (Contractual appointment) Rules-2013 as well as Group-B posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules ,2013 shall be eligible to apply for the post. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 01.01.2019. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing age relaxation and submit/upload the required documents as prescribed in clause-7(xi) of this advertisement.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board/Council/by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Commission.
The candidates as per their educational qualification and other required criteria are eligible to apply for one post only.
The applicant must have Odia as one of the subjects in the HSC or passed examination in Odia equivalent to M.E. standard or passed in Odia as language subject in final examination of Class-VII or passed a test in Odia in M.E. School Standard conducted by Education Department Govt, of Odisha on the date of the Application.
General Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
• The candidate must be a citizen of India.
• Be able to speak, read & write Odia.
• Be of good moral character & conduct.
• Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service.
• If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
• Candidate must have passed Middle School Examination with Odia as a language subject, or have passed High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination with Odia as a subject/medium of examination in non-Language subject, or have passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class VII or above or have passed a test in Odia in M.E. School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department.
Not fulfilling any of the eligibility criteria shall render the applicant’s candidature invalid & rejected.
The candidates other than SC/ST/ Persons with Disabilities (PvvD) category have to pay a non refundable examination fee of Rs.200/-. The fees can be deposited only through online mode using Internet Banking/ Debit Card/Credit card/UPI in SBI payment gateway linked with the online application form following procedure as detailed below:-
Online Fee Depositing process in State Bank of India (SBI) through State Bank Collect Portal
Important: Candidate other than SC, ST &PwD category needs to “Make Online Payment” of Rs. 200/- for submission of online application form for the post. Once SBI Collect of State Bank of India portal is opened, then DO NOT click Refresh or Back Button.
• Online Applications are invited from intending candidates for selection of 34 posts of Staff Nurse 18 posts of Pharmacist, 01 post of X-Ray Technician, 01 post of ECG Technician and 05 posts of ANM on contractual basis.
• Online Application registration will be made available from 08.08.2020 till 07.09.2020 by 11.55 P.M in the official website of the Commission. Application other than online mode shall not be accepted by the Commission.
• Candidates must register their valid E. mail Id and Mobile No. while applying for the post through online and keep the same active till completion of this recruitment process to receive important message from the Commission relating to the recruitment.
• The post of Staff Nurse & ANM are meant fare meant for female candidates only.
• Candidates are to be extra vigilant while filling up the online application form as there is no edit option.
• The Candidates who intend to apply should go through this advertisement and on satisfying the eligibility criteria in all respect prescribed for the post may apply through online mode only. No other mode of application shall be entertained by the Commission.
• No hardcopy of online application/ documents is to be sent to the Commission. The applicants are required to upload the required certificates/documents as listed at clause-7 from( ii to xi) of this advertisement in the “Document Upload” tab. The documents should be in pdf format, clearly visible and in prescribed size as instructed in Clause-1 (b).
• PwD candidates have to follow the Advisory Notice published vide No.3453/OSSC dtd.24.10.2019 available in the Commission’s website.
• In -serv ice contractual employees claiming benefits under provision of Odisha Group-B Posts (contractual appointment) Rules, 2013 will also have to follow the advisory notice published vide No.3658/OSSC dtd.01.11.2019 available in the Commission’s website.
Online Application registration will be made available from 08.08.2020 till 07.09.2020 by 11.55 P.M