The Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute (VPCI) is a unique postgraduate medical institution devoted to research, teaching and patient care in the field of chest diseases. It is a University of Delhi maintained institution and is funded entirely by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The Institute is ideally located in the heart of the main campus of the University of Delhi, providing the requisite academic environment. The Institute fulfills the national need for providing relief to large number of patients in the community suffering from Chest Diseases. It has eminently discharged its role and has earned a unique place in the field of Chest Medicine. The main objectives of VPCI are to conduct research in basic and clinical aspects of chest diseases, to train post graduates in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and allied disciplines, to develop new diagnostic technologies and disseminate scientific knowledge related to these areas to personnel of other institutions in the country and to provide specialized investigative and management services to patients.
Applications are invited for the following regular Non-Teaching posts in the pay scale mentioned below with usual allowances permissible as per the University of Delhi rules. The fee for each application is Rs 500/- for UR/OBC/EWS candidates No fee applicable for SC/ST/PwBD candidates.
Scale of Pay: Pay Level – 5
Age Limit for Direct Recruitment: 30 years
Educational & other Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
10+2 plus 02 years Diploma in Pharmacy.
2. Should be registered with State Pharmacy Council.
a. Those interested should apply on prescribed application form with a non-refundable fee of Rs.500/- (No fee in case of SC/ST/PwBD candidates) in the form of Nationalized Bank Demand Draft payable at Delhi & drawn in favour of ‘Director, VPCI’, in person/by registered post/by speed post on working days between 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. The application form & other details can also be downloaded from our website www.vpci.org.in. The application form be submitted to the Joint Registrar, V.P. Chest Institute, University of Delhi, North Campus, Delhi-110 007
b. The last dates for issue of application form and submission thereof duly completed in all respect is 30 days from the date of advertisement in the Employment News. If 30th day falls on holiday, the next working day will be last date of issue/submission.
c. Reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Persons with Disabilities candidates as per rules. The reservation certificate should be in the prescribed format of the Government of India.
d. Separate application is required for each post.
e. All the above posts carry DA, HRA, TA etc. as admissible under the rules of the University of Delhi /Institute.
f. The Institute reserves the right to increase/decrease or not to fill the above posts if the circumstances so warrant.
g. Any addendum/dedendum/corrigendum shall be posted on the Institute’s website only.
General Instructions to applicants
1. A separate application form has to be submitted for each post. Application form available on the Institute’s website i.e. www.vpci.org.in.
2. Before filling up the form, candidates are advised to carefully go through the advertisement available on the Institute website and confirm their eligibility with regard to qualification/experience/age etc., before submitting the application form.
3. Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt, of India, the Institute shall process the application entirely on the basis of information/ documents submitted by the candidates. In case the information/documents are found to be false/incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility and liability shall lie solely with the candidate. Application received without complete information shall be rejected.
4. Candidates should possess the prescribed educational qualification and experience before filling the form or as on last date. It is the responsibility of the candidate to assess his/her own eligibility for the post for which he/she is applying in accordance with the advertisement. If it is detected at any time in future (during the process of selection or even after appointment) that the candidate was not eligible as per the prescribed qualification, experience, etc., which could not be detected at the time of selection for whatever reason, his/her candidature/appointment shall be liable to be cancelled/terminated as per rules.
5. As per directives of the University of Delhi vide its OM No.Estab.IV/047/2016/01/RR-OM dated 02.12.2016, it has been decided to discontinue interviews for recruitments to all Group ‘C’, Group ‘D’ (which are now reclassified at Group ‘C’) posts and for non-gazetted posts of Group ‘B’ category and all such equivalent posts in the light of DoPT OM No.39020/01/2013-Estt.(B)-Part dated 29.12.2015.
6. All the posts except Nursing Officer will be filled as per the Recruitment Rules of the University of Delhi. The qualifications and other service conditions shall be such as prescribed by the University of Delhi from time to time. The post of Nursing Officer will be filled as per Recruitment Rules as approved by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
7. The upper age limit prescribed for direct recruitment shall be relaxable in case of candidates belonging to the reserved categories in accordance with the instructions received from the Government of India in this regard from time to time as applicable to Central Government establishments.
8. The upper age-limit prescribed for direct recruits shall also be relaxable up to a maximum of five years or the number of years (in completed years) whichever is less provided they have rendered at least three years regular service in organization(s) under Government Departments/Statutory or Autonomous bodies/Universities or their affiliated or constituent colleges/Public Sector Undertakings.
9. The upper age-limit as prescribed for direct recruits shall not be insisted upon in the case of departmental candidates of the University/College(s).
The upper-age limit will also be relaxed to the extent of service rendered by them in respect of persons who are already working on contract/daily wages/ad-hoc basis in the University or its Colleges provided they have put in atleast one year of service.
(The relaxation will be subject to other applicable rules and also production of relevant experience certificate from the University or the Concerned College where the applicant has served.)
10. The applicants should not cross the upper age-limit on the date of advertisement even after relaxation in upper age-limit as per rules.
11. For Direct Recruitment wherever a percentage has been prescribed for the minimum qualifying education qualification in these rules, there will be a relaxation of 5% for the applicants belonging to the various designated reserved categories in accordance with the instructions received from the Government of India/University Grants Commission in this regard from time to time.
12. Residuary matters: In regard to matters not specified or referred to in these Rules, the employees in the posts specified in the Schedule shall be governed by the Act, Statues, Ordinances, Executive Council Decisions/Regulations and other orders issued by the Government of India from time to time.
13. Applicants serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings (including Boards/Autonomous Bodies) are required to submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer, at the time of examination, if not submitted the application earlier. The NOC should also indicate the vigilance clearance from the parent departments.
14. Applications fees and application form(s) are to be submitted as per details given below:
• Fees Rs.500/- in the form of nationalized bank demand draft payable at Delhi & drawn favour of “Director, VPCI”.
• No fee for SC/ST/PwBD Candidates
• Fees once paid will not be refunded upder any circumstances.
• Applicants applying for more than one post/department must apply separately and pay fees separately.
15. The reservation for applicants from SC, ST, EWS, OBC (non-creamy layer) and Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories will be applicable as per Central Government norms.
Applicants seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD categories must submit the necessary documents justifying the claim of respective reservation as per Govt, of India lists/rules/norms, The Certificate submitted should be in the format prescribed by the Union Government.
In case the applicant wants to claim benefits under the PwBD category, the applicant’s relevant disability should not be less than 40 per cent. Proof to this effect in the form of a valid Disability Certificate must be attached with the application.
Applicants applying for the post(s) reserved for OBC must submit certificate of OBC (non- creamy layer) in the prescribed form issued by Competent Authority. The certificate should be of the current financial year, in accordance with instructions issued by the Union Government in this respect from time to time. Applicants should ascertain that they belong to the reserved categories (caste) enlisted in the Central List for the Other Backward Classes.
16. Applications in prescribed format only will be accepted.
17. Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt, of India, the Institute shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents submitted with the application. In case the information/documents are found to be false/incorrect by way of omission or commissiort, the responsibility shall lie solely with the applicant and the applicant shall be liable for action as per law.
18. Applicants are advised to ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as mentioned in detail specification before applying to the post.
19. Applicants should have fulfilled the minimum eligibility such as education, experience & research publications on the date of submission of application.
20. Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification.
21. Applications which do not meet the criteria given in the advertisement and/or incomplete application are liable to be summarily rejected at any stage.
22. Candidates should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered, fabricated or suppress any material/information while submitting the application are self-certified copies/testimonials.
23. The numbers and nature of posts advertised may increase or decrease/vary and the Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill up some or all the posts advertised, if the circumstances so warrant.
24. The Institute reserved the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason.
25. The Institute shall not be responsible for any delay/loss due to postal or technical reasons.
26. Candidates called for written test & skill test shall do so at their own expenses. No TA/DA shall be paid.
27. There will be reservation of 4% for Persons with Disability Candidates.
28. Candidates already working are required to submit “No Objection Certificate” along with application.
29. Applications, received after the stipulated time, will not be entertained under any circumstances.
30. The application form with Admit Card duly filled by candidate along with the self-attested copies of all testimonials must reach to the Joint Registrar, Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, University of Delhi within 30 days from the date of publications of the advertisement in the Employment News. If 30th day falls on holiday, the next working day will be last of issue/submission.
31. The Institute reserves the right to amend the number of posts or not to fill any of the posts mentioned in the advertisement at its discretion without assigning any reason thereof.
32. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of finalization may also be filled up from the available shortlisted candidates.
33. The Institute will verify the antecedents of the applicant at the time of appointment or anytime during the tenure of the service. In case it is found that the documents/information submitted by the candidate is false or the candidate has suppressed relevant information, the services of the candidate shall be terminated without prejudice to any other action initiated by the Institute.
34. In case of the any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issuance of offer letter, the Institute reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicant.
35. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Institute shall be final. Applicants are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
36. Any dispute regarding the recruitment will fall under the jurisdiction of Delhi.